Monday, November 25, 2013

Pre-Boreas

It was an other dreary warm (70's) day on Thursday when I went to the dentist. My chair at the dentist's office gave me the best view of a beautiful red oak in all its crimson glory.  Sitting there I thought about the winter storm "Boreas" (The Weather Channel likes to name their winter storms) and how much of the beautiful foliage in the area may disappear afterwards. On my way home I decided to make a quick tour through the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens to soak up some more fall color.

FW Botanic Garden - Oakleaf Hydrangea

The fall color here has been glorious. Not an especially great year in precipitation but apparently it was received at the right time for replenishing the trees and shrubs for a great fall show.




What do you think?  Worth the trip?

No comments: