Monday, November 8, 2010

Looking for color

Looking toward the rose garden at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.

Hold on, I seem to be leaning.... my sweetie reminds me the path did have a slant to it.

Bloodgood Japanese Maple - little color.

Loropetalum (witch-hazel family, aka Chinese Fringe Flower)
and Oakleaf Hydrangea (Hydrangea quercifolia)

Looking past the roses to the tree line - not much fall color yet.

Sumac - alway good for some color.

Mexican Mint Marigold (Tagetes lucida, aka Texas Tarragon) excellent fall color.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty place. I need a vacation. Thanks for the virtual one.

creekside rummager said...

I love that Chinese Fringe Flower. I'm going to check it out. Looked like a wonderful place to wander.

Unknown said...

My husband does not seem to mind me dragging him there on my mission to photograph fall color.

creekside rummager said...

Just wanted to tell you that I'm going by our local nursery today and get a Chinese Fringe Flower. They grow in our area. They have white, purple and red.

Unknown said...

CSR - you will love the loripetalum. Not picky with soils, does not need much water after established. In some areas it is deer resistant (not a guaranteed, though).