Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Iceberg in Text

I usually do not have any luck photographing white flowers. Very frustrating for me as they are my favorite. Boring you say? Well, it all goes to my mission to one day create a fabulous moonlit garden.

A daily tip on a computer site which I subscribe discussed a textart software (ASCII art) called ASCII Generator dotNET (catchy name, huh?). So I ran outside to take a photo - Iceberg was the only thing blooming. Aargh! Give it a shot. Tried the "snow" setting and it gave me the shot you see above. Downloaded her photo into text generating software and viola...

This is a screen print of my desk top. I can hardly wait to find some more colorful things to photo and try this again.

Learn all about it here. While you are there subscribe to Kim's daily info - it is a great source of computer, internet and electronics information. Try the ASCII art software and let me know how it goes.

4 comments:

lifeshighway said...

hmm, actually I like the orginal photo. You still have roses blooming?

Unknown said...

Martha Gonzalez rose and my salvia are still blooming. Another bud coming on Iceberg. They must like the torture.

NotSoAngryRedHead said...

AHAHHAHAHA! An ASCII Generator! That's totally awesome and thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am with lifeshighway... I like the original better, but have fun with the software. You will get interesting photos.