Friday, May 28, 2010

White Crinum

There was a petal in that empty spot. The huge snail that I pulled out of the flower took it with him. I will be waiting for my doorbell to ring in a couple weeks....

I received this crinum at a former job and finally got planted it in my sweetie's yard. Years later, I have a pretty good size clump.

I have not ever seen a totally white crinum. Steve, a gentleman in the industry here, is very big into crinum so I have dug up the clump and will ship them off to him. I know he will take good care of them all. (OK - I did save one for myself. I have no idea what I will do with it.)

Steve says all along the bar ditches in East Texas you can see every variation of crinum and their colors imaginable. A true white one is hard to find. Some day I must make a side trip to East Texas.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

That white crinum is to die for! I have several crinums in my landscape, but I don't have this one.....YET! :)