Sunday, November 29, 2009

Apple Cranberry Pie

I know all the baking is done but just wanted to give you an idea for next time you need a pie.

Use your favorite apple pie recipe. The recipe I use says to add 2 Tablespoons of flour to the apple mixture so the filling will not be as juicy. Then just add fresh cranberries a little at a time as you fill your pie crust with the apple filling. Do not mix them with the pie filling as it all may turn pink. Bake as per your recipe directions.

Viola! Then you can have "Sweetie Pie" as my sweetie calls it.

5 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Another good thing about cranberries that are left over. Always have uses for them. Well, we never have cranberry leftovers.

Unknown said...

I made the pie first. No left overs here either. But there is a secret bag stash in the freezer for cranberry muffins later.

lifeshighway said...

Great idea and a beautiful pie.

Mary Delle LeBeau said...

Cranberries and apples. A wonderful combination!! Thanks for your comment on my blue blog. I do enjoy blue in the garden.

Unknown said...

It is gone. Nothing left but this photo.