Sunday, May 1, 2011

Basking in What Sun?

No sun on Saturday for this butterfly to warm himself.

Brrrrrr. Sunday evening and its 45 degrees with a brisk North wind. I had no idea 250 miles North could mean such a difference in temperature. I am used to a string of 90 degree days by now. The locals say this is unseasonable but the weather guy says the record low for today's date is 34 degrees back in 1902.

Sun is supposed to come out again on Wednesday. Boy, will I be ready. So will this little butterfly. Hope the weather is better where you are.

8 comments:

MorningGlory said...

My daughter is in San Antonio; she's been complaining about the cold, too. FWIW, it's been warm and 70-80 here in NC.

lifeshighway said...

I second Morning Glory, it was a sunny and warm weekend with Sunday being a bit cooler.

Nice photo...poor little cold butterfly.

HolleyGarden said...

I couldn't believe it today when I had to go to the back of my closet to find long pants to put on - and a sweater! Yes, give me 80 degrees again! I made sure the poor little hummers had plenty of food - I've seen them shivering before and feel so sorry for them. I feel for your little butterfly.

Lemon Verbena Lady said...

We just keep raining and our heat is still on! Although the temperature is up to 68 so the heat isn't on at the moment. Keep warm, TG!

Unknown said...

Brrrrrr. Thanks for stopping by ladies. I'm still freezing... 50 degrees now at 10 pm. Supposed to be down to 42 tonight. Hope they are wrong but brought some plants in for the night.

Karen said...

I hope you're staying warm and your plants survive. On my way outside to check on the greenhouse before I turn in...we're going down to 32 tonight. I wonder if this is going to be the shortest summer on record? So much for global warming.

creekside rummager said...

Very nice photo. We had wind and cold weather on Fri. This week is great, it will get to you in a couple of days - I hope.

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Hey, Tufa;
The weather, here, is horrid so I've been skulking all over the blogosphere. Everyone is complaining about the weather! So, we're not alone. If that is any consolation at all.... :D