Sunday, March 27, 2011

Random Adventures

Working part-time, or about every other day, my adventures seems a little more random. Here are some...

On the way back from picking up soil for the garden, we went through the Stockyards area and I spotted this ghost ad and cool longhorn. This street may be in the Life's Highway tour this April.

Spring break for some is going to the beach, snow skiing, or in Texas - tubing down a river. Here in Fort Worth you go to the zoo. (It was packed.)

Did you know there was a car called the "Texan"? Built between 1918 and 1922 until its demise being outsold by GM and Ford. Some information here and photos here. Information on their stock certificate here.

Saw this little museum of a Sinclair station. Took quite a few photos so I could annoy the folks across the street with their barking dogs.

Found some "Grandma" yards for The Yard Art Game.

Found a blooming Texas Mountain Laurel! The purple in this photo. Made a couple trips around the block for these photos.

Beautiful little yard full of great fragrance. Saucer Magnolia buds in the foreground. I don't remember what the white flowers were. I was so enchanted with the mountain laurel. I did not think I would see one "up" here as they are so prevalent in the Texas Hill Country.

Moving along. Another adventure coming soon.

3 comments:

creekside rummager said...

You are very observant. So often we just stop noticing the funny or interesting little things around us every day.

lifeshighway said...

I love the Mountain Laurel and the Cow Head. I am so psyched for my Texas tour.

woo hoo. The countdown continues.

HolleyGarden said...

Loved the Texas information! Never heard of that one, and my hubby was in the car business. I also haven't seen any Sinclair dinosaurs around for quite some time! Love the tour!