Sunday, February 20, 2011

Picture This Photo Contest – February 2011


A cloudy day trip to the Fort Worth Botanic Gardens.

It has been a while since we had visited the gardens and I knew to not expect any flowers. I suggested we look past the browns of winter and see the textures that are usually hidden by green foliage. When my sweetie and I rounded the corner, the sight of the muhly grass took my breath away. The light in the sky cooperated with my camera to give me a shot that looked exactly as I saw it yesterday. Finally, the view of the gardens that I have always tried to capture.

This will be my entry into the "Picture This Photo Contest – February 2011" - it's not too late for you to play along... deadline for entries is 11:59 PM Eastern time on Wednesday, February 23, 2011.

A smaller photo for the contest entry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love your image in that light. A beautiful place captured so well in your framing of it. I hope the judges see that too.

lifeshighway said...

Great photo, I think the composition is really balanced... um..

hey, I really like the girl OK.

Good luck!!!!

Carol said...

Absolutely love the photo. Maybe I'll check out the Botanical Gardens here this week.

Anonymous said...

Great shot. I love the focus on the strawy grass, it gives a great sense of the time of year. Good luck in the competition.