Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rocks in My Yard?

One year when I was lazy taking down the Christmas tree and related ornaments my mom said we could keep decorated until 3 Kings' Day. Well, that has passed, so I need to get busy.

The lights have become a welcome night light for arrival to a dark home each evening. Perhaps I will just re-accessorize like Belgium Mom with her giraffes on Along Life's Highway and see how many points I get.

Rusty palmtree, a nice tufa birdbath, but no rocks.

Side note to Red Girl - I do have rocks (between the pavers) but I don't think they are big enough for credit and alas no bones.

7 comments:

YayaOrchid said...

Your gardens are always alive with color and greenery. This is pretty much how our landscape looks now too. I guess even plants have to rest.

lifeshighway said...

I love the one massive ornament hanging from the palm tree. Just leave that up for anther month and get back to me.

redgirl said...

I make no BONES about it, it's true your rocks aren't big enough.

a) bad pun
b) there are so many *wrong* places I could take that...(stifling...)

lifeshighway said...

I agree, those are some pretty dinky rocks. Redgirl goes for the BIG ones.

redgirl said...

Here in California, we call big rocks "boulders" or "crags"
:P

Unknown said...

Great, now I feel compelled to find "boulders" to save face for Texas.

redgirl said...

I'm not sure how much respect I can have for Texas until you do...

:D